Generic popup message
Interested to take up this exam?
RELC Examinations Bureau (RELC EB) has been appointed by Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing to administer Test of Mathematics for University Admission for candidates currently attending or have graduated from a school/college/polytechnic in Singapore.
If you are applying to study Mathematics courses at Durham University, Lancaster University, the University of Warwick, the University of Sheffield or the University of Southampton, you are encouraged to take Test of Mathematics for University Admission as part of your application. You will also be able to share your results with the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) if you're applying to study Mathematics and Economics or Mathematics with Economics.
* To be advised.
The focus of the Test of Mathematics for University Admission is on mathematical thinking.
It uses mathematics you will have already learned in your school studies, so there is no need to take a preparation course or to do much preparation beyond familiarising yourself with the test format and style of questions. We recommend that you read the test specification and answer the specimen papers under timed test conditions.
Please click here to download free specimen papers and the test specification.
Candidates are required to bring the following documents on the test day: Letter of Notification from RELC EB NRIC/Foreign Identification Document
Permitted Writing Instruments / Items
To view the list of approved institutions under the Singapore School Systems, please click here.
01 September 2020 to 30 September 2020
● The Online Registration Form is to be submitted to RELC EB for Standard Entry during this period. Payment will be available on 10 September 2020. ● Payment must first be made only via AXS station, prior to submitting the Online Registration Form. ● After payment, the Online Registration Form must then be submitted to RELC EB by the next day.
25 September 2020
LAST DAY for Modified Question Paper Request
30 September 2020
One Day before Closing of Standard Entry
● Payment for Standard Entry must be made at AXS station before 11.30 pm Singapore time, on this date. ● After payment, the Online Registration Form must be submitted to RELC EB no later than 12.00 pm Singapore time, on 1 October 2020.
01 October 2020
LAST DAY of Standard Entry & Access Arrangement Request
● Payment for Standard Entry must be made at RELC EB Office (Strictly by appointment only) between 8.30 am to 12:00 pm Singapore time, on this date. [Email firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 September 2020 to make an appointment]. ● Following payment at RELC EB Office, the Online Registration Form must be submitted by 12:00 pm on this date. ● Candidates must submit their Access Arrangement Request (e.g. extra time, use of laptop) with supporting documents by this date.
02 October 2020 to 13 October 2020
● RELC EB accepts payment and the submission of the Online Registration Form for Late Entry during this period. ● Payment must first be made only via AXS station, prior to submitting the Online Registration Form. ● After payment, the Online Registration Form must then be submitted to RELC EB by the next day.
14 October 2020
One Day before Closing of Late Entry
● Payment for Late Entry must be made at AXS station before 11.30 pm Singapore time, on this date. ● After payment, the Online Registration Form must be submitted to RELC EB no later than 12.00 pm Singapore time, on 15 October 2020.
15 October 2020
LAST DAY of Late Entry
● Payment for Late Entry must be made at RELC EB Office (Strictly by appointment only) between 8.30 am to 12.00 pm Singapore time, on this date. [Email email@example.com by 14 October 2020 to make an appointment]. ● Following payment at RELC EB Office, the Online Registration Form must be submitted by 12.00 pm, on this date. ● NO Late Entry will be accepted after this date. LAST DAY for Withdrawal ● All completed refund forms and relevant supporting documents must be submitted to RELC EB by 12.00 pm Singapore time, on this date. LAST DAY for Request of Refund of BMAT Standard Entry Fee Only TMUA Standard Entry Fee is refundable. The Centre Administration Fee, TMUA Late Entry Fee and the Centre Late Fee are non-refundable and non-transferable.
05 November 2020
TMUA takes place at 3.00 pm.
30 November 2020
TMUA Online Results Release Date
● Results will be released at 09:00 British Summer Time (BST) on this date via Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing Metritests System. ● Results are not sent to institutions automatically. You need to select which institutions receive your results. ● Only share results with institutions/courses to which you have already applied or intend to apply via UCAS. Shared results that are not supported by a UCAS application will not be considered by any UK institutions.
04 December 2020
Please submit the Test of Mathematics for University Admission Online Registration Form to RELC EB by the next day after making payment via AXS Station. For payment made from 1 - 29 September and from 2 - 13 October 2020 before 11:30pm (Singapore Time), the Online Registration Form must be submitted to RELC EB by the next day after making payment. For payment made on 30 September and on 14 October 2020 before 11:30pm (Singapore Time), the Online Registration Form must reach RELC EB no later than 1 October 2020 and 15 October 2020, 12:00pm (Singapore Time) respectively.
There is no AXS payment on 1 and 15 October 2020. On these dates, payment can only be made at RELC EB Office at 30 Orange Grove Road, Singapore 258352. A copy of the Online Registration Form must be submitted together with payment before 12:00pm on 1 October 2020 (Singapore Time) to avoid late fee charges and before 12:00pm on 15 October 2020 (Singapore Time) to avoid invalid registration.
Please click here to view the steps on how to complete the Online Registration Form.
The deadlines for payment are:
1 September 2020 to
(before 11.30pm Sinagpore time)
(Diners or DBS/POSB VISA/MASTER Credit Card or NETS from any major banks)
1 October 2020
1 October 2020
(between 8.30am to 12:00pm Singapore time)
(strictly by appointment only - Email: CAAT@relc.org.sg by 30 September to make appointment)
2 October 2020 to
(before 11.30pm Singapore time)
(strictly by appointment only - Email: CAAT@relc.org.sg by 14 October to make appointment)
Note: There will be no refund of total fees if candidates are found to be ineligible to register for the Test of Mathematics for University Admission through RELC EB. Please click here to view the steps of how to make Test of Mathematics for University Admission payment via any AXS Station.
Please note that candidates who decide to withdraw from the TMUA may submit their withdrawal request via email.
All refund requests and supporting documents must reach RELC EB by 15 October 2020, 12:00pm Singapore time.
Any late or incomplete submission of the refund form and/or required supporting documents will not be entertained and any payment made will be forfeited.
An administrative charge of SGD 20.00 inclusive of GST will be levied for each successful withdrawal.
For withdrawal request, please email your Full Name, NRIC/ FIN/ Passport Number, contact number and a copy of the payment receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any request for withdrawal submitted would be considered final and the entry will not be reinstated.
Refund will be reimbursed directly to the applicant’s nominated bank account through Electronic Funds Transfer or by
*Cheque, as determined by the applicant.
Payment of refund will be made approximately three months after the date of submission of the withdrawal request.
An administrative fee of SGD 20.00 inclusive of GST will be charged if the refund request is initiated by the applicant.
Any fees or charge arising from the refund will be deducted from the refund amount.
No interest is payable on any sum owed or owing to the applicant.
RELC EB reserves the right to offset the amount of any overpayment made in error against any liability of the applicant (including any future debt) that may be owing to RELC EB.
Centre Administration Fee, Late Entry Fees and GST are non-refundable and non-transferable.
RELC EB reserves the right at any time to change the condition for refund without prior notice.
Test-takers can use Metritests system to check their results and release them to their chosen institution(s) using the login details from their Confidential Results Information sheet. Results are not usually sent to institutions automatically. You need to select which institutions receive your results. This can be done after you have taken the test or after the results have been published. It’s a good idea to make your selection(s) as soon as possible after the test, to ensure the institutions receive your results in plenty of time. Please check the institution website for any information about when they need the results. Results are usually only valid in the year that a candidate is applying to University.
If you do not make your selection using the Metritests system, your test results will not be provided to the institution.
Please note, once your results have been published you cannot remove an institution or course from the results website – the institution(s) will instantly receive your results.
There is no pass/fail for the Test of Mathematics for University Admission – you should simply aim to do the best you can.
Your final scores are based on the number of correct answers you give. There are no penalties for incorrect answers.
Your score on the test will be based on your overall performance on both papers and will be given on a scale of 1.0 to 9.0, with 1.0 being the lowest and 9.0 the highest. You will also be given a score for each of the two papers that make up the test, both on the 1.0 to 9.0 scale, but these two scores are for information only and do not form part of your formal test result.
If candidates think that something might have affected their performance during their test, such as temporary illness, injury or problems with the administration of the test, candidates are able to apply for special consideration.
Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing will consider the circumstances and may, at their discretion, advice the institution(s) of the severity of the Special Consideration. The decision to take the Special Consideration into account or not is at the discretion of the institution(s). No adjustment will be made to the candidate's results.
A Special Consideration request must be received within 5 working days after the test date. Requests received after this date cannot be considered, as institutions will be making their decisions.
Notes about Special Consideration Requests.
Special Consideration Online Form.
A Results Enquiry request can be made if a candidate thinks that there has been an error in the processing or reporting of their TMUA results and therefore the results do not reflect their performance on the day of the test.
The complete form must be submitted within 5 working days of the results being published.
Request for Results Enquiries must be made using the online form below.
- Notes about Results Enquiry requests
- Results Enquiry online form
Candidate should receive the re-mark results within 5 working days from Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing.
Please be aware that results can go down as well as up after a Results Enquiry and this could affect the candidate's university application.
A Results Enquiry cannot proceed without the candidate's consent, as given on the Results Enquiry online form.
The Results Enquiry form is only to be used for querying the mark which the candidate has received as a result of the test he/she took with Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing. This form should only be used if the candidate's results are provided directly by Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing.
An appeal may be made if a candidate feels that a request for special consideration or a result enquiry has not been dealt with appropriately by Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing, or if a candidate has a complaint about an aspect of the administration of the test that is not covered by those processes.
In order to proceed with the appeal, candidate must complete and submit the form below.
- Notes about Appeals
- Appeals online form
This will tell the Head of Institution that candidate has given his/her consent to the appeal being made.
The Appeal form must be received by Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing within 5 working days of the despatch of the outcome of the Results Enquiry.