Generic popup message
If you are interested to take up this exam, please email us at email@example.com stating your full name, contact number, test name and paper number.
RELC Examinations Bureau (RELC EB) has been approved by Cambridge Assessment Admission Testing to administer the Sixth Term Examination Paper (STEP) Mathematics for candidates currently attending or have graduated from a school/college/polytechnic in Singapore.
STEP Mathematics is a well-established Mathematics examination designed to test candidates on questions that are similar in style to Undergraduate Mathematics.
STEP is used by the University of Cambridge and the University of Warwick. Other universities sometimes ask candidates to take STEP as part of their offer – in such cases, the university can advise on which papers to take.
There are also a number of candidates who sit STEP papers as a challenge.
From 2021, STEP 1 no longer exists.
STEP now consists of up to two 3-hour paper-based examinations: STEP 2 and STEP 3. Candidates are usually required to sit either one or two of the examinations, depending on the requirements of the universities they have applied to.
A lined answer booklet is provided for each paper. Graph paper is not provided, as the test requires only sketches, not detailed graphs. There is no formulae booklet for STEP Mathematics examinations..
Click here for STEP Specification and Test Format.
Overview of SIXTH TERM Examination Paper (STEP) Registration Process
1. Email RELC to register interest, stating candidate’s full name, email address, contact no. and test paper name(s) and number(s)
There is NO late registration for STEP 2021.
To view the list of approved institutions under the Singapore School Systems, please click here.
Registration will only be confirmed upon successful payment of the test AND receipt of registration form by RELC EB.
From 15 March to 6 May 2021 (by 11.30 pm Singapore time)
6 May 2021 by 11.30 pm
7 May 2021 by 12 pm
15 March to 6 May 2021 by 3 pm
Email RELC EB (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register interest. Please provide the candidate’s full name, contact number and test paper name(s) and number(s).
6 May 3 pm to 5 pm
Email RELC to make appointment to register at RELC office on 7 May 2021 8.30am to 12 pm. Please provide the candidate’s full name, contact number and test paper name(s) and number(s).
15 March to 6 May 2021 by 11.30 pm
Make payment via PayNow and submit online registration form
23 April 2021
Last date to request modified question papers for STEP
7 May 2021
(8.30 am to 12:00 pm)
Registration By appointment only
Make payment via PayNow and submit registration form
Withdrawal and Request of Refund of STEP Entry Fee
• All withdrawal request (with all supporting documents and duly filled refund form) must be emailed to RELC EB by this date no later than 12:00 pm Singapore time.
Note that only STEP Entry Fee is refundable. The Centre Administration Fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Receive Letter of Notification from RELC EB via email.
14 June 2021
STEP II takes place at 3:00 pm.
Candidates must report to the assigned test venue by 2:30 pm.
Venue at RELC Building.
17 June 2021
STEP III takes place at 3:00 pm.
Candidates must report to the assigned test venue by 2:30 pm.
Venue at RELC Building
10 August 2021
STEP Online Result Release Date
• All results will be released via The Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing Results Online System.
• Candidate are strongly encouraged to download a copy for their university application.
16 August 2021
Last Date for Submissions of STEP Results Enquiry to The Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing.
The Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing and RELC Examinations Bureau reserve the right at any time to
change the above dates without prior notice.
Candidates are required to bring the following documents on the test day:
Permitted Writing Instruments / Items
Please click here to view the frequently asked questions (FAQs).
Candidates who decide to withdraw from the STEP must email email@example.com before 7 May 2021, 12 pm.
All withdrawal requests and supporting documents* that are required must be duly completed and submitted to RELC EB by 7 May 2021, 12:00 pm Singapore time.
Any late or incomplete submission whether in terms of the withdrawal (refund) form or in terms of submission of documents will not be entertained and any payment made will be forfeited.
An administrative charge of SGD 20.00 inclusive of GST will be levied for each successful withdrawal.
Any request for withdrawal submitted would be considered final and the entry will not be reinstated.
1. Refund will be reimbursed directly to the applicant’s nominated bank account through Electronic Funds Transfer.
2. Payment of refund will be made approximately three months after the date of submission of the withdrawal request.
3. An administrative fee of SGD20.00 inclusive of GST will be charged if the refund request is initiated by the applicant.
4. Any fees or charge arising from the refund will be deducted from the refund amount.
5. No interest is payable on any sum owed or owing to the applicant.
6. RELC EB reserves the right to offset the amount of any overpayment made in error against any liability of the applicant (including any future debt) that may be owing to RELC EB.
7. Centre Administration Fee and GST are non-refundable and non-transferable.
8. RELC EB reserves the right at any time to change the condition for refund without prior notice.
Please note that paper results are no longer issued. All results will be released via Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing Results Online system on 10 August 2021.
Candidates are first required to register using the STEP PIN number and a valid email address in order to access Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing Results Online system.
The STEP PIN can be found on the Confidential Result Information which will be given to the candidates on the day of their test. Please make sure that the registration should take place no earlier than 5 days before the advertised results release date.
For a step-by-step registration guide, see our tutorial.
Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing Results are only available for 60 days from the date of release. Candidates are strongly encouraged to download and save a copy for their University application. Candidates can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request for a copy of their results if they have missed the deadline or if they have lost their results.