Interested to take up this exam?
RELC Examinations Bureau (RELC EB) has been approved by Cambridge Assessment Admission Testing to administer the Sixth Term Examination Paper (STEP) Mathematics for candidates currently attending or have graduated from a school/college/polytechnic in Singapore.
STEP Mathematics is a well-established Mathematics examination designed to test candidates on questions that are similar in style to Undergraduate Mathematics.
STEP is used by the University of Cambridge and the University of Warwick. Other universities sometimes ask candidates to take STEP as part of their offer – in such cases, the university can advise on which papers to take.
There are also a number of candidates who sit STEP papers as a challenge.
Important Announcement: Updated on 4 May 2020
Due to the outbreak of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic, RELC will not be accepting any registration for STEP.
For information on how to register and take STEP, please visit: https://support.admissionstesting.org/hc/en-gb/articles/360041390652-STEP-2020-Exam-registration-administration-and-FAQs
The test consists of up to three 3-hour paper-based examinations: STEP 1, STEP 2 and STEP 3. Candidates are usually required to sit either one or two of the examinations, depending on the requirements of the universities they have applied to.
A lined answer booklet is provided for each paper. Graph paper is not provided, as the test requires only sketches, not detailed graphs. There is no longer a formulae booklet for STEP Mathematics examinations.
Click here for STEP Specification.
The paper consists of 11 questions –
Section A (Pure Mathematics) - eight questions
Section B (Mechanics, and Probability/Statistics) -three questions, with at least one on Mechanics and at least one on Probability/Statistics
The paper consists of 12 questions –
Section B (Mechanics) - two questions
Section C (Probability/Statistics) - two questions.
New updates coming soon
Candidates are required to bring the following documents on the test day:
Permitted Writing Instruments / Items
Candidates who decide to withdraw from the STEP must submit their withdrawal request in person at RELC EB office.
All withdrawal requests and supporting documents* that are required must be duly completed and submitted to RELC EB by 8 May 2020, 12:00h Singapore time.
Any late or incomplete submission whether in terms of the withdrawal (refund) form or in terms of submission of documents will not be entertained and any payment made will be forfeited.
An administrative charge of SGD 20.00 inclusive of GST will be levied for each successful withdrawal.
Any request for withdrawal submitted would be considered final and the entry will not be reinstated.
1. Refund will be reimbursed directly to the applicant’s nominated bank account through Electronic Funds Transfer or by *Cheque, as determined by the applicant.
2. Payment of refund will be made approximately three months after the date of submission of the withdrawal request.
3. An administrative fee of SGD20.00 inclusive of GST will be charged if the refund request is initiated by the applicant.
4. Any fees or charge arising from the refund will be deducted from the refund amount.
5. No interest is payable on any sum owed or owing to the applicant.
6. RELC EB reserves the right to offset the amount of any overpayment made in error against any liability of the applicant (including any future debt) that may be owing to RELC EB.
7. Centre Administration Fee and GST are non-refundable and non-transferable.
8. RELC EB reserves the right at any time to change the condition for refund without prior notice.
* An additional Administrative Charge of SGD5.00 inclusive of GST applies for cheque refund.
Please note that paper results are no longer issued. All results will be released via Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing Results Online system on 13 August 2020, from 00:000hr GMT onwards.
Candidates are first required to register using the STEP PIN number and a valid email address in order to access Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing Results Online system. The STEP PIN can be found on the Confidential Result Information which will be given to the candidates on the day of their test. Please make sure that the registration should take place no earlier than 5 days before the advertised results release date.
For a step-by-step registration guide, see our tutorial.
Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing Results are only available for 60 days from the date of release. Candidates are strongly encouraged to download and save a copy for their University application. Candidates can email email@example.com to request for a copy of their results if they have missed the deadline or if they have lost their results.