In view of the importance of the English language as a medium of wider communication throughout Southeast Asia, SEAMEO RELC provides the skills and knowledge for professionals from various backgrounds that promotes intellectual, experiential and attitudinal growth within our course participants.
Who's this for?
Our Language Teacher Education courses aims at facilitating the professional growth of educators and teachers and supporting them at their various stages of teaching career.
Our English language courses are taught by a team of highly qualified and experienced language professionals from various countries. The English Language courses are developed for teacher educators as well as customized proficiency courses.
1. Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Our Master of Arts in TESOL programme is a one-year full-time programme jointly offered by the Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand and SEAMEO RELC.
1. Blended Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics
The Blended Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics encourages participants to examine their current beliefs about language teaching and equips them with knowledge and skills to teach more effectively.
Advanced Specialist Certificate
1. Advanced Specialist Certificate (I) in Teaching Listening & Speaking
This 3-week course is intended to develop participants’ understanding of the theoretical bases for the teaching of listening and speaking skills in an English as a Second Language and/or Foreign Language (ESL/EFL) classroom.
2. Advanced Specialist Certificate (I) in Teaching Reading & Writing
This 3-week course deals with the principles, design and procedures in the teaching of reading and writing in ESL/EFL situations as well as in a multimodal world.
3. Advanced Specialist Certificate (II) in Language Skills and Pedagogy
This course is a combination of the two Advanced Specialist Certificate courses in Teaching Listening and Speaking (C111) and Teaching Reading and Writing (C112) in one 6 weeks sitting.
4. Advanced Specialist Certificate (I) in Language Assessment This 3-week course is specifically designed for language instructors and assessors who are interested in understanding and applying both assessment for learning (AfL) and assessment of learning (AoL) within the context of their respective institution’s English language syllabuses or courses.
1. Specialist Certificate in Content and Language Integrated Learning This 3-week course is designed for both language and content subject teachers/lecturers who are expected to deliver content lessons through English or in English.
2. Specialist Certificate in Teaching English as an International Language TEIL
This 3-week course is specifically designed to raise language educators’ awareness of the recent development of the English language in today’s globalizing/globalized societies, and its implications for using, learning, and teaching English.
Our Chinese courses courses are developed for teacher educators as well as customized proficiency courses. Our Chinese course include Masters of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages by Jinan University and HSK Online Preparatory Courses (Oral and Written).
1. 暨南大学汉语国际教育专业硕士课程 东南亚教育部长组织区域语言中心和暨南大学华文学院合作，于2011年9月开始，在新加坡首次推出“汉语国际教育硕士”专业学位。
2. HSK网考 东南亚教育部长组织区域语言中心（SEAMEO Regional Language Centre，简称“RELC”）与汉语水平考试中心（科思达）携手合作推出一系列HSK网考，以及考前应试课程。
The English language courses that we offer designed to meet specific needs such as in-depth knowledge of language teaching, improve English language proficiency, business communication or even corporate training.
As this is our core focus of establishment, RELC has established long-term partnerships with key institutions to develop customized projects to train master trainers around the region. Our customized courses are very niche and specialized by the countries needs for the team.
Our customized courses in language proficiency ranges from beginners level of general language training to highly specialized language skills to equip your team with language skills required for work interaction.
We also work very closely with our clients to provide language testing consultancy services. This includes designing and building customized language tests as well as training examiners.
We also offer workshops, exam preparatory courses as well as research fellowships in addition to the our existing designed and customized language courses.
We provide workshops in English and Chinese. Our language workshops are designed for beginners, advanced and as mastering of second language. Some of the workshops that we conduct include Mandarin courses for beginners, Successful Business Communication in Mandarin and Effective Storytelling in Early Years in Mandarin.
We work with recognised partners to provide our exam preparatory courses. Our courses range from written and online courses to assist course participants and individuals in their selected assessments. Courses we conduct include Pearson Test for English Academic Preparation Course and HSK Preparation Course.
东南亚教育部长组织区域语言中心（SEAMEO Regional Language Centre，简称“RELC”）与汉语水平考试中心（科思达）携手合作推出一系列HSK网考，以及考前应试课程。
2. Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic Preparation Course
This 30-hour course is designed to prepare you for your PTE Academic Test. Our course will focus on understanding and meeting test requirements. It will give you the opportunity to refine and practice the language skills you need to achieve your desired score for university entrance, migration and professional registration.
In view of the importance of the English language as a medium of wider communication throughout Southeast Asia, SEAMEO RELC also works with Ministries of Education of the ASEAN countries to provide research fellowship programmes. Click here to find out more about our Research Fellowship Programmes.
SEAMEO Regional Language Centre offers a wide range of language courses to cater to different needs. Our language courses are highly customised to suit the training requirements of our clients. These courses are developed upon consultation with clients.
Qualifications & Certifications